Indiana’s District Showcase Award is designed to highlight the success of four local Soil and Water Conservation Districts (SWCDs) in the Hoosier state. The award focus allows Districts the opportunity to share new project ideas or better ways to design and implement existing conservation projects, etc. The award is sponsored by the Indiana Conservation Partnership.
2017 DISTRICT SHOWCASE INFORMATION:
Congratulations to the four Indiana Districts that will be showcase at the 2018 Annual SWCD Conference in January: Boone, Pike, Randolph and Warrick
District Showcase Tours/Visits scheduled this fall:
- Boone County SWCD – November 2 at 2 p.m. at the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds, Annex Building
- Pike County SWCD – October 3 at 6 p.m. at the Sugar Ridge Fisher and Wildlife Area Conference Room, Winslow, IN (Must RSVP to Pike County SWCD to attend this event which includes a dinner and presentation.)
- Randolph County SWCD – October 31 at 9:30 a.m. at the Randolph County Fairgrounds, Winchester, IN. This showcase includes both the Indiana State Soil Conservation Board Meeting in the morning and the presentation after lunch.
- Warrick County SWCD – no visit scheduled for this showcase
PAST SHOWCASE INFORMATION:
Download a list of past winners here.
Congratulations to the four District Showcase winners for 2016. These four districts were showcased at the 2017 Annual SWCD Conference on January 24, 2017. Full video here.
- Huntington County group (including Wabash, Wells, Blackford and Grant) – District Showcase highlights video (YouTube)
- Indiana Prairie Farmer write-up here.
- Jennings County – District Showcase highlights video (YouTube)
- Washington County – District Showcase highlights video (YouTube)
- Hamilton County – District Showcase highlights video (YouTube)