Your District Dues At Work
YOUR Association: Not Your Ordinary Association – Joe Schmees presentation at the August 2019 District Summer Trainings in Fulton, Orange, Delaware and Putnam Counties.
If you need immediate assistance or can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact Joe Schmees or Amy Work at 317-692-7374.
- Indiana Watershed Group Finder – a companion site to the Indiana HUC Finder, both developed through the Indiana Watershed Leadership Program in collaboration with the IDEM and IASWCD. The Finder is a Google Map based tool that makes it easy to find active watershed or watershed-focused groups throughout Indiana.
Government Shutdown Plans and Procedures:
- Shutdown Procedures (PDF) from the National Conservation District Employees Association.
- USDA Agencies procedures and contingency plans developed for use in the event of a lapse in funding (government shutdown).
Unique Opportunites for Districts
- Rent Green Fire: Aldo Leopold & A Land Ethic for our Time from IASWCD
- Download the loan agreement. Sign and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customizable District brochure
- Available as a PDF (High quality, but text and photos cannot be changed; consider affixing a label to it.)
- Available as a Publisher file (Fully customizable, but not as high-quality.)
- Conservation Development Resources: IASWCD’s listing of funding and training opportunities
- Google Apps for Districts: An “Apps” account comes with useful tools like Google Calendar, Drive, Sites, etc. Contact us to request one of these free accounts.
- IASWCD Awards, such as Conservation Farmer of the Year, Supervisor of the Year, River Friendly Farmer, etc.
- Put Planning First: A guide from NRCS to help local SWCDs put together a conservation plan tailored for farmer customers.
- Envirothon is a competitive learning event for high school-aged students that tests the students’ knowledge of resources including soils, forestry, wildlife and current environmental issues.
- NACD Poster &Photo Contests for young students
- Easy Steps Marketing Plan for Districts (PDF)
- Blueprint for Locally-Led Conservation – A Strategy for District Success and Sustainability (NACD, July 2016)
- What Should a Funding Plan Include? Recommendations for Districts
- Advocating for Conservation Before the County Board (article dated 1-2-18)
Publications & Information to Share with the Public
- What are SWCDs? General information and quick facts about Districts’ roles, governance, and funding.
- Pathway to Water Quality, coordinated by the Indiana Conservation Partnership, is a permanent exhibit at the State Fair that teaches home and farm conservation.
- Resources for common conservation practices for home and farm use, from the Hoosier Heartland RC&D.
- The Water Cycle: Nature’s Recycling System is a poster produced by NRCS. It is available for purchase.
IASWCD Organizational Information
Budgets, Board minutes, and more area all available in our Board Page.