Your District Dues At Work
If you need immediate assistance or can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact Jennifer Boyle Warner or Amy Work at 317-692-7374.
- Indiana Watershed Group Finder – a companion site to the Indiana HUC Finder, both developed through the Indiana Watershed Leadership Program in collaboration with the IDEM and IASWCD. The Finder is a Google Map based tool that makes it easy to find active watershed or watershed-focused groups throughout Indiana.
Government Shutdown Plans and Procedures:
- Shutdown Procedures (PDF) from the National Conservation District Employees Association.
- USDA Agencies procedures and contingency plans developed for use in the event of a lapse in funding (government shutdown).
Unique Opportunites for Districts
- Rent Green Fire: Aldo Leopold & A Land Ethic for our Time from IASWCD
- Download the loan agreement. Sign and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customizable District brochure
- Available as a PDF (High quality, but text and photos cannot be changed; consider affixing a label to it.)
- Available as a Publisher file (Fully customizable, but not as high-quality.)
- Conservation Development Resources: IASWCD’s listing of funding and training opportunities
- Google Apps for Districts: An “Apps” account comes with useful tools like Google Calendar, Drive, Sites, etc. Contact us to request one of these free accounts.
- IASWCD Awards, such as Conservation Farmer of the Year, Supervisor of the Year, River Friendly Farmer, etc.
- Put Planning First: A guide from NRCS to help local SWCDs put together a conservation plan tailored for farmer customers.
- Envirothon is a competitive learning event for high school-aged students that tests the students’ knowledge of resources including soils, forestry, wildlife and current environmental issues.
- NACD Poster &Photo Contests for young students
- Easy Steps Marketing Plan for Districts (PDF)
- Blueprint for Locally-Led Conservation – A Strategy for District Success and Sustainability (NACD, July 2016)
- What Should a Funding Plan Include? Recommendations for Districts
- Advocating for Conservation Before the County Board (article dated 1-2-18)
Publications & Information to Share with the Public
- What are SWCDs? General information and quick facts about Districts’ roles, governance, and funding.
- Pathway to Water Quality, coordinated by the Indiana Conservation Partnership, is a permanent exhibit at the State Fair that teaches home and farm conservation.
- Resources for common conservation practices for home and farm use, from the Hoosier Heartland RC&D.
- The Water Cycle: Nature’s Recycling System is a poster produced by NRCS. It is available for purchase.
IASWCD Organizational Information
Budgets, Board minutes, and more area all available in our Board Page.